Friday, June 25, 2010

Targets










A few weeks ago I went to the new gun range with PawPaw. This range has capabilities to shoot out to 300 yds. As I was putting a target up at 200 I noticed a metal swing type target. It was the only one on the range, But I would have liked one at 300 yds. PawPaw talked to the range master, and he said if we bring one he would let us put it up.
The other day I went to my local metal supplier and asked if they could cut some circles for me on the plasma table. The guy said "Sure, How thick, and how big." I got him to cut out 2 each of 9,6,and 3 inch diameter, 1 inch thick mild steel plates.
Today I Knocked together 2 sawhorses, welded chain to my plates, and put it all together. I think they will get alot of use!

2 comments:

The Displaced Louisiana Guy said...

Dude... to hell with MY range, I wanna come shoot at YA'LLS range!

Seriously, though, they look great. Just be ready to have to make repairs and mods, as some Jack@$$ will invariably blow a leg off a sawhorse with their Winchester 'Stupidbig'TM Magnum.

Good work, B.

Barrett said...

Matt made that post Joey, and I can't wait to use them either.

Kudos Matt